Sunday, April 09, 2006

UK DVD Review prices

Folks,

As I write this I'm still making this week's UK DVD Review podcast but within it I promise to tell you on here the prices for the DVDs I rabbit on about. I tell you this after I've mentioned all the myriad permutations of RRP and online prices, I could at least have mentioned it before and saved you getting out a pencil or telling your local DVD shop "Listen, this geezer, he says you should be selling it for a fiver off", which always works.

Well.

Here's the prices for this week. If you'd care to join me over here with the show itself, then I'm on iTunes - er, or I will be when I've finished this episode - at http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=73802571

Or on my own site at http://homepage.mac.com/william.gallagher/pod.htm.

And those prices, at last, go thisaway:

Cheaper by the Dozen 2 is £16 retail, £11ish online
Doom costs £20 RRP, £15 online.
King Kong (2005) is out for £25 in a two-disc special edition –is online at a mere £13
King Kong (1933) came out last year for a tenner, is now online for about six quid

And The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is in three versions. There’s a single-disc film-only DVD for £20.99 (weird price, isn’t it?), which is online for £12.99.

Then there’s a two-disc special edition which has an RRP £24.99 and is online £14.99.

Lastly, Amazon co uk claims a world exclusive with its RRP £50 set and online £35.99 which is the two-disc DVD plus books and the like, all in a wardrobe-style box.

William

1 comment:

William Gallagher said...

The UK DVD Review episode is now live.

So, what does this tell us? That it takes me ten hours to do an episode, or that I ate and went for a drink half way?

Well.

Hope you like it,
William